Community Aging Specialists can assist you in accessing available resources such as Medicaid, commodities, utilities, home weatherization and more!
Community Aging Specialist Angela Curtis direct line: 816.256.8096
- Benefits Check-up
- Utility Assistance
- Home weatherization/repairs
- Care Coordination - One-on-one help with vulnerable clients who need extra attention. We ensure they are receiving the benefits and services they are entitled to and need to maintain their standard of living.
- Supportive Counseling - We provide supportive counseling to clients, allowing them to express their concerns and acting on their behalf as needed.
- Healthcare Advocate - For select clients who have mobility issues or struggle with reliable transportation, we offer transportation to and from medical appointments as needed.
- Information and Referral - Monday through Friday, our Aging Resources Specialist responds to phone calls and meets individually with clients in the office or at your home. We offer resource information for programs within Northland Shepherd’s Center. If there is a program/service a client may need that NSC does not offer, we can refer clients to resources in the community.